Skincare is a serious concern, but it can be overwhelming when you first start out. This article includes helpful tips on what skincare products you need and how long to use them. It also contains a list of the best products for every step of your routine, like cleansing, moisturizing, and sun protection. So brush up on these essentials!
This post will serve as a guide to help save you time with your skincare routine. Whether you are just starting out or you have been doing this for years, everyone can benefit from reading this article!
Your skin should be cleansed before applying any other products. This is the first step to any skincare routine. It removes excess dirt, oil and makeup that your skin has accumulated throughout the day. By getting rid of these impurities first, we can ensure that our other products are more effective in their results because they won’t be diluted by previous materials on the face.
Your skin needs a hydrating base before applying any creams or serums, as these products will help to seal in moisture and prevent further water loss through your skin’s surface.
Skin Cancer can be prevented with proper use of sunscreen for everyday wear and daily sun exposure. It’s also important to protect your skin from UVA/UVB rays that can cause premature aging and even cancer. Make sure that you are using a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Also, always follow proper application techniques to ensure that it is not wasted.
Repair or Anti-Aging Products.
Vitamin-A cousins (like Renova and Retinol), vitamin-C serums (not creams), a few other antioxidants, and cell growth factors are used to promote skin cell turnover and repair collagen and elastin levels in the skin for a healthy glow.
Moisturizing eye creams and serums are best to use around the eyes and lips to keep them soft, smooth, and moist. Dry skin can be kept at bay by regularly applying eye patches or lip balms.
All the other stuff out there on the market? Go ahead and play with it—have fun! Talk to your friends about it. Make it a luxury for yourself that is part of your own self-care.
I’ve mentioned these tips before whenever I write a skincare article, but i will never get tired of repeating it, we all need reminders and these are always important. Besides, How do I know you’ve read any of my other articles.
- Moisturize morning and night from head to toe.
- Stay hydrated; drink one or a few 8 oz. glasses of water on an empty stomach each morning.
- Keep your skin clean; use a face wash, exfoliation, toner, and cleanser once or twice a week.
- Avoid harsh facial scrub techniques. Exfoliate in gentle circular strokes with any type of product that suits your skin– never scrub vigorously with stiff brushes or rough sponges.
- Use a gentle exfoliating scrub with soothing herbs, like chamomile, lavender, or mint.
- Follow the proper skincare regimen. Start with a proper cleansing routine and moisturize twice a day. Then use a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day and on skin exposed to UV rays. Be sure to reapply every few hours if you are in water activities and are sweating. Reapply sun protection daily as well!
- A facial mask is best applied at night before bedtime. Depending on the particular mask, it may require that you leave it on for a few minutes or more.
- Keep a moisturizer on hand that contains hyaluronic acid to help keep skin protected and hydrated.
- If you are using an anti-aging product, remember that it usually will not be effective overnight. It takes time for the active ingredients in these products to work their way into the skin and take effect.
- The sun causes darkening of the skin and even cancer. If you have fair skin, a tan may seem appealing, but avoid direct sunlight as much as possible to prevent aggravation. Always wear broad-spectrum sun protection!
A list of products that will help you keep your skin healthy and glowing. Always read instructions carefully first before applying! I have noted what each one of them does in parentheses:
- InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser ( This hydrating face wash has a gel, non-foam consistency that lightly exfoliates the skin to deep clean pores leaving the skin refreshed.)
- Hyaluronic Acid Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer (This hydrating moisturizer for the face is the best of both worlds, providing nourishing moisture for those with oily skin while preventing shine and shrinking pores.)
- CeraVe 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50 (100% Mineral-based sunscreen, also known as a physical sunscreen, reflects UVA/UVB rays to protect the skin.)
- InstaNatural Retinol Serum (This Retinol Serum is specifically formulated to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation.)
- InstaNatural Hyaluronic Acid Eye Gel Cream (This anti-wrinkle eye cream is a hybrid formula that nourishes while plumping the look of wrinkles & puffiness.)
A regularly scheduled facial can help you keep your skin looking great!
I believe that “you begin to age when you stop taking care of yourself.” A great facial is just what the doctor ordered! I understand how expensive they can be, but the important thing is not to deprive yourself of this pampering luxury.