We have all experienced acne at some point. Here are the root causes of acne depending on the facial placement.
Let’s begin by discussing acne on the hairline.
- Experiencing acne on the hairline may be caused by oily pomades found in hair care products.
- Acne breakouts are also common around the oily scalp.
- The best way to combat acne around the hairline is to cleanse with a water-based cleanser and switch to non-pomade products.
Forehead & Nose
Next, let’s look at the root cause of acne around the forehead and nose.
- Stress and irregular sleep can lead to acne breakouts on the forehead and nose.
- Stress can cause increased levels of androgens in the blood, which can lead to acne flare-ups.
- Having a good sleep schedule can lower androgen levels and acne episodes.
What about experiencing acne on the eyebrows?
- The most common cause of eyebrow acne is oily formulas found in eyebrow makeup.
- Ingrown eyebrow hairs may also lead to oil build-up in the follicle.
- Properly removing makeup and cleansing the face are the best ways to tackle eyebrow acne.
Now, let’s explore why we may have acne on or around our ears.
- Bacteria build-up from our natural oils can trigger acne flare-ups around the ears.
- Bacteria may grow in a clogged pore and create small to large acne breakouts.
- Cleaning the ears and avoiding touching the area with dirty fingers can prevent acne from forming on the ears.
Cheeks are very prominent areas of acne breakouts.
- Dirty pillowcases, dirty makeup brushes, expired beauty products and even cell phones can all lead to acne on the cheeks.
- Bacteria found in dirty beauty products and pillowcases can clog up the pores found around the cheeks.
- Regularly changing pillowcases and cleaning makeup brushes are the best way to avoid acne flare-ups on the cheeks.
Jawline & Chin
And last but not least, let’s see the root causes of acne on the jawline and chin!
- Hormonal imbalance, poor diet and nutrition are the leading root causes of acne around the jawline and chin.
- Excess androgens in the blood can be caused by fluctuations in our hormones.
- Balancing our bodies’ natural hormones and maintaining a healthy lifestyle are the go-to ways to clear up jawline and chin acne.