Makeup and skin care is generally regarded as women’s forte. Men seldom indulge in Makeup and skin care. Many men do care for their skin, but make up is alien to most men. Treating makeup and skin care as different topics wouldn’t make sense; after all, make up will work only if the skin is healthy. So how do you exercise makeup and skin care, together?
Here are some tips for makeup and skin care:
1. Always have skin care on mind, whether you are buying products for makeup or actually applying them onto your skin after you have bought them. So what you are buying is a makeup and skin care product, not just a makeup product. Check the ingredients to see if it contains things that you might be allergic to. Also check if it contains high concentration chemicals that can harm your skin.
3. Keep track of expiry date on your make up products and never use them beyond the expiry date. In fact some products (e.g. vitamin C based products), if not stored properly, get spoilt much earlier than the expiry date.
4. Cleanliness is an important part of makeup and skin care procedure. Sharpen your eye-liners regularly and keep all your makeup equipment clean at all times. You might fix a date, each month, for overhauling of your equipment. As part of cleanliness, your makeup and skin care procedure should also include keeping your hair clean at all times.
5. Nail care is another important aspect of makeup and skin care. Use a good quality nail polish and always keep your nails clean. Once you are done with cleaning and polishing your nails, you should rub in cuticle oil at the edges of the nail.
6. If you have deep-set eyes, you should use a liquid eyeliner instead of a pencil one. This will prevent smudging at the deep edges of your eye-lid.
7. If you have a skin disorder e.g. acne, you should not apply heavy or chemical based make up. Consult your dermatologist if you are not sure about the make up products that you can use while you have acne or other skin disorder. Never try to squeeze pimples/ acne. Remember that makeup and skin care should not conflict each other.
8. Use a mild make up remover (instead of just washing it away).
9. Another important makeup and skin care
procedure is the following golden rule: Never sleep with your makeup on… I am guilty of this, but I definitely have learned and stopped that bad habit. No matter how tired you are take some time before bed to always remove your makeup.
10. While applying a deodorant, make sure that you maintain the recommended distance between the nozzle and your skin (as mentioned on the deodorant pack).
So, makeup and skin care should always go hand in hand. Do not try to treat makeup and skin care differently.