Step 1: Hydrate The Skin
As nude makeup relies on a light makeup base, let’s begin by hydrating the skin and prepping the face.
- Take your cleanser, and begin removing excess makeup residue and build-up.
- Next, pat the face gently with a washcloth.
- Apply a hydrating moisturizer all over the cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin.
- Make sure you bring the moisturizer down to the neck as well.
Step 2: Natural Eyes
Going natural on the eyes is the perfect way to create a nude makeup look.
- For the eyes, all you will need is an eye pencil and mascara.
- Begin by applying the dark eye pencil on the upper and lower water lines.
- If you want to add a bit of drama, line the upper lash line with the eye pencil.
- Complete the eye look by applying 2 layers of mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
Step 3: Creamy Lipstick
Now, let’s focus on our lips.
- Creamy, satin, and glossy lipsticks work best with natural and nude makeup.
- For the pigment, we suggest light pink, nude, or mauve lipstick shades.
- First, outline the lips with lip liner.
- Then, gently coat the top and bottom lip with creamy lipstick.
Step 4: Less Is More
When designing the nude makeup look, a pro tip is to remember: ‘less is more’.
- If you notice your makeup looking too bold, you can always use blotting paper.
- For the lips, simply dab the blotting paper against the lips to remove excess pigment.
- For the eyes, you can opt for only one layer of mascara, instead of two.
Step 5: Dewy Foundation
Let’s complete our gorgeous nude makeup look with a dewy foundation.
- Using a beauty sponge or a foundation brush, apply the foundation all over the face.
- The key is to use a lightweight foundation that has a dewy finish.
- For any streaking, just dab the liquid product with your beauty sponge, and we’re done!